Push-Ups are one of the exercises that most people agree can be done anywhere, so I choose to do my push-ups on top of Stone Mountain in Georgia after a hike up the mountain. Talk about a beautiful place to workout, but that is one of the best parts of working out with exercise bands and bodyweight... You get to choose your view.
Primary Muscles Used
- Start by getting on all fours with your hands a little wider than shoulder width apart.
- Tighten your stomach and bring your body up so only your toes and hands are touching the ground.
- If standard push ups are too difficult, instead of going up on your toes, keep your knees on the ground but keep everything else the same.
- At the top position you should be in a plank, with your body straight, head looking straight forward in line with your spine.
- Slowly bring your body down until your chest and face almost touch the ground.
- After a slight pause, press your body back up to the starting position using your chest and triceps to straighten your arms.
- At the top do not lock your elbows out, just get your arms to a straight position without locking your elbows.
Tim's list of benefits for Push-Ups
- The abdominal muscles are used to hold the body rigid during the push-up so you are not only doing push-ups but a plank during this exercise.
- As the push-up involves multiple joints, it is a compound exercise.
- Push-ups are the best known workout anywhere exercise.
- Push-ups work the pecs, triceps, shoulders, and abdominals, making this a great exercise if you want to say climb up a mountain and take a video.
- By working out in the great outdoors you can increase the amount of oxygen your body gets after a set.
- You can make any cardio workout a little more intense by adding intervals of push-ups during the workout.
- Your pectoral muscles are important for posture, balance, and overall strength.
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the full exercise list.